My (badly) illustrated life...

Friday 24 August 2012

Winter

So it's August, well into the winter weather.
I love the sound of rain, I love reading by the fireplace, I love blankets and fuzzy socks and hot soup and tea.
BUT I HATE WINTER.
This might seem a little unjustified, but I find winter really, really, really depressing
Every major psychological  breakdown I've ever had has been during winter.
This is because of a beautiful gift from my mother,
Hereditary Seasonal Affective Disorder.
Or SAD
which is what it is really, sad.
It's just like regular depression, but only in winter.
This depression means it takes a great deal of effort for me to muster up the motivation to do simple tasks, like school work or getting out of bed.
My teachers have begun to notice this and their first conclusion was that my love life might be distracting me.
In fact it's just because I'm too lazy and depressed to do anything.
Now generally I'm a very energetic, happy-go-lucky person, but winter comes along with it's depressing cloud blanket of gloom and sadness and messes that up.
You know how hard it is to get out of bed when you're depressed?
Try doing that every day for three months.
This is why I'm late to school every morning, contrary to the popular belief that I spend every morning before school having sex with Bec, who is actually in her own bed, also sleeping.

Getting out of bed in summer:




























































Getting out of bed in winter:




















































































and so this is why I can't wait for summer.
Bye for now
xox Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment